From: John Hafen <j.hafen@comcast.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] First Flight Lancair 235/320 N235N
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:18:08 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Congrats!!

Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:39 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] First Flight Lancair 235/320 N235N

I'm not sure who has the record for the longest build time, but over 20 years should put this project in the top 10. Lancair 235 Kit A (071) was purchased in 1986 and Kit B was purchased a few years later. Neico no longer had the 235 wing molds so they sent the 320 wings,flaps, spars, and ailerons. First flight was on 3/12/2012 with me at the controls. Aircraft performed as expected. Many thanks to friends,family, and fellow builders who supported this project. A special thanks to Bill Harrelson who never hesitated to answer my many questions day or night. Thanks Bill for being there before my DAR inspection in order to look things over, and then for my DAR inspection and first flight. Your advice to perform a very detailed post flight inspection was most appreciated. A few photos are included. For those of you still building, there will always be setbacks and learning curves, even after you think you are finished. Never give up! It is worth the effort! Finally, I want to thank Marv for the LML and to the many builders who positively contribute to this forum. The present and past posts have saved us untold amounts of time and money! It certainly has made for a safer airplane.

Fly Safe and Have Fun!

Steve Smalley

N235N