From: Wolfgang <Wolfgang@MiCom.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Fw: L320 flap setting
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 08:14:19 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
-7 to -10 isn't going to make much difference in flight. If the latest manual says to use -7 then go for it.

The purpose of reflex flaps is to reduce drag (lets you go faster) while giving up some lift coefficient. At higher speeds you don't need that extra lift coefficient.
Reflex will also move the center of lift forward causing a nose up force affecting the trim needs.

For landing, you give extra flap to increase the lift coefficient (and the drag) so you can go slower without falling out of the sky.

See attached file for more details.

Wolfgang