From: Dico Reijers <dico@internetworks.ca>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: [LML] Speed brake switch (on/off or up/neutral/down)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:41:46 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Hi All,

Thanks for the comments.

The speed brakes I have are not the precise flight speed brakes.  They are from another company who's name eludes me but they aren't in business anymore (as I can't find their info online and the tel# i have doesn't work).  I presume its the company that Colyn referred to.

During some discovery sessions i took the speed brakes out and was wondering how they worked.  eg: could one stay up and the other down.  Turns out, like you all probably know, that this is not possible and that as soon as there is a break in the power, they slam shut with vigor.  I'm thinking it would take off a finger!

My reason for asking was that since we're redoing the panel, I thought I could just get rid of the 3 way switch and hook it up to the speek brake switch (the labeled rocker switch at the bottom) just to clean things up a bit.   Not the end of the world keeping the extra switch.  Just curious as to what most of you guys had setup for your speed brakes.

-Dico