From: Ken <kkellner1@new.rr.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] LNC2 - Harminization between pitch and roll
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:26:29 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Randy,

One option to reduce aileron stick forces is to add something similar to, but not exactly, a roll trim tab.  It goes on the wing opposite the wing that has the trim tab.  Instead of attaching the new tab to a trim servo, it is attached to the trailing edge of the wing, or hinge bearing block, via a fixed push rod.  The length of the rod is adjustable so you can change how much the stick forces are reduced.  The new tab with the fixed push rod moves opposite the direction of the aileron.

After reading my own description even I am confused.  But, if you look at a Cessna Corvallis (or whatever it is called) it is standard equipment.  One of the first things Cessna did to reduce the aileron stick forces when they purchased the Columbia line.

I have flown a before and after example of this mod on a Glastar and it is a noticeable improvement.  I have no clue what the potential structural or aerodynamic downsides might be.

Ken Kellner