From: Bill Harrelson <n5zq@verizon.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] "Hidden" switch
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:59:21 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Berni,

One likely possibility is that it's a switch that shorts the "airspeed / anti-retract" switch. If you have one of these switches installed you can't retract the gear below around 60 kts. Great for everyday use, but a bit of a pain when you're retracting on jacks in the shop. In this case you either need to blow on the pitot to get the required 60 kts or short out the switch. It's handy to install an override switch for these occasions. This would be my guess as to the function of your mystery switch.

Bill Harrelson
N5ZQ 320 2,000 hrs
N6ZQ  IV under construction

-----Original Message----- What is the function of the small push button switch that (on my airplane) is part of the landing gear bat switch on a Lancair 360?  I discovered the switch when removing the gear switch from my instrument panel.  It would only be accessible by moving the glare shield up enough to reach behind the panel and down to the side of the gear switch where it could be depressed.

Sent from my iPad
Berni Breen
Bbreen@cableone.net