From: <DARUS47959@aol.com>
Subject: ZEHRBACH ENGINES
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:57:07 EDT
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

email traffic on this list and calls from list members stemming from previous
discussions on this list have reflected an continuing interest in ZEHRBACH
engines and the use of our internal engine ceramics, solid lubricants,
electronic fuel injection/ignition, turbcharger systems, and direc drive V8s.

As a followup to my email of 5/23:  We finished the 0235 in Jack Watsons
Kitty Hawk to Oshkosh Sprint class racer and it is up and flying.  Jack is
reporting 20 mph speed increases.  At 100% power sustained his oil temps are
climbing too high in the Florida, 3000 ft AGL race simulations so the outlet
to the oil cooler will be enlarged.  Jack reports pulling +180 knots
indicated with his O 235 in his LongEZ.  That would make an interesting
Lancair 235  engine.

The last of the parts for the Polan Special shipped yesterday being ceramic
exhaust and turbo components.  Dick was reporting 240 knots true race speeds
at 5,000 ft. with the prop at the verge of overreving from lack of pitch/prop
EngineAir V8 for overall race winner competition.

The Questair Venture is finished and ready to run in the race.

The July issue of Sport Aviation gave "50 reasons to Attend AirVenture 2000".
 Number 43 is "Have Darus Zehrbach teach you how to Modernize your
Lycoming/Continental/Franklin Engine".  I have two forums on the first day of
the show that should answer most of the list reader questions.  One is on
cooling drag, the second on mods to the opposed engines.

We will have a TSIO-550 for a LIV on display at Ohskosh that will have
electronic fuel injection and ignition, ceramic internal components, and a
ceramic exhaust fitted.

The Glassair I with our engine that flew with such blistering speeds to Sun
in Fun will not be on display as planned.  The owner is going with the QB
group on the Concorde instead to Paris.

Please stop by the forums or the display booth so I can answer any questions
that you might have.

Hope to see you at Oshkosh

Darus Zehrbach

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html