From: Paul Bricker <pbricker@att.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] OAT Location
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:38:11 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I modified the inboard access panel to a flap mounting bracket on my ES. I
cut out the center of the panel and made a concave indentation out of a
4-6 bid layup. I drilled holes and mounted the OAT for my GRT 6000 and
Dynon A10. The probes are shaded by the top of the wing but still exposed
to the outside air. I was able to route the wires behind the main spar,
thru one rib and into the fuselage below the rear seats. I did bond a
small piece of Tygon tube thru the hole in the rib for abrasion protection.

For your Legacy I suspect this exact location doesn't exist, but it may
give you an idea or two. Routing the wires while missing fuel tanks,
critical structure, etc. and still having the probes in air but out of the
sun is the trick.

Paul Bricker