From: GENE CASH <genecq2@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: OAT Location
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:15:16 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
For those of you with an AHARS unit used with a glass panel, where are you locating your OAT probe?  I have a Dynon Skyview and it says do not locate the probe in the sun which rules out the top of the fuselage, in the vicinity of engine heat which rules out the bottom (exhaust) or exposed to cabin heat at the rear of the probe which nixes the clever idea I saw one dude use by mounting the probe in the cabin air NACA inlet.  Now I don't have a clue.  Any input appreciated.

GC
LFG