From: Colyn Case <colyncase@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Question regarding EMS (JPI, Dynon...)
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 10:08:40 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I've had pretty good luck with my grt system.  They make the eis6000 which is really what the Chelton systems use.  I bought their basic EFIS for display purposes.   I have not had problems with their hardware boxes or software.   I did have to rewire my CHT and EGT probes to avoid shorting.
Anyway, I'm sure they would be happy to tell you if you can use your old probes or not.

Many people have had excellent service with the EI system.  But they will probably make you replace all your probes.  Again call and find out.  I'm sure you won't be the first VM refugee.

On Oct 1, 2011, at 9:29 AM, Patrick Hayoz wrote:

Hello to all,

My engine monitoring system is a Vision Microsystems (VM) EPI 800 and worked
well for the last eight years – and still works fine.

I'm thinking of a replacement system – in case of a major failure of the actual system.

My recent research showed that most of the installed sensors are compatible with the
EMS used today.

Fuelprobe compatibility?
Does anybody knows about the compatibility of the VM Fuel probes? I have two of them
installed in the wings. A calibration was done back in 2002 to respect of the Fueltank geometry…

Which system to for?
What are y<our experiences with JPI, Dynon and others?

Any hints and thoughts are welcome, thank you.

Patrick, LNC2, Switzerland