From: Gil <gil.cargill@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: How to download IFR and VFR Chart Symbols / Legends onto your iPad to use with ForeFlight
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:31:20 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I have the plates but not the safe taxi. The plates work fine.

Good Luck & Good Selling !!!

Gil Cargill

On Sep 6, 2011, at 7:31 AM, "John Barrett" <jbarrett@carbinge.com> wrote:

Speaking of “team Foreflight” has anyone else experienced problems with these guys?  I have a full subscription – not the new Canadian add on but the $149/year deal that is supposed to include georeferenced Safe Taxi diagrams as well as georeferenced approaches.

I get the safe taxi portion on my iPad but not the approach plates.  Does anyone know if there is a setup issue with this? I have the plates but they are not georeferenced and don’t have the light blue box that is supposed to describe the active area of the iPad screen.

What ticks me off is that I have tried to contact these people and they are not responsive.  I cannot find a support phone number and they have not responded to email requests for assistance.

I may just not be looking in the right place so do not want to flame them unfairly.  However, when they are taking my subscription money, I sure as heck want them to be available to help me operate the program and/or fix deficiencies that occur.

I really like the program and want it to do all that is promised.

John Barrett

Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 8:43 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net

You guys may be way ahead of me on this, but I found this handy to have chart symbology handy in iBooks.

John

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Team ForeFlight" <team@foreflight.com>

Date: August 31, 2011 11:04:13 AM PDT

To: "John Hafen" <j.hafen@comcast.net>

Subject: Re: (Case 75296) Product Improvement Suggestion

Hello John,

The FAA has published in PDF form a set of legends for VFR charts, IFR charts, and terminal procedures. The references are great, so we've elected to link to them.

We recommend customers download copies of these PDFs and keep them in iBooks or PDF reader app of choice:   http://bit.ly/nK4622

To download to your iPad/iPhone, first install iBooks (free) from the App Store, then tap Safari and go to the above link.  Then tap the link for the PDF version of the FAA Aeronautical Chart User's Guide.  When the Guide appears, tap the Open in iBooks.   Use the scroll bar along the bottom to move quickly through the documents.

Also, Airspace details are now an interactive feature in ForeFlight Mobile v4.  Just tap and hold on the airspace on the VFR or IFR enroute charts, a box will pop up, tap All, and the first item(s) list will be the airspace details.

Also, be sure to set the Show Map Features to Tap-Hold in the ForeFlight Mobile Settings.

Give that a try and let us know if any other questions arise -- we're happy to help!

Stanley Hinson
ForeFlight Pilot Support
ForeFlight LLC

No virus found in this message.