From: Ted Noel <tednoel@cfl.rr.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: LG airspeed interlock
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:31:20 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
To all,

I've seen comments from time to time about sticking interlocks that prevent gear retraction. Last week during gear retraction tests, I ran into the same thing. I ordered the Jumbo Super-Strong Monster Solenoid from Lancair. But I still needed to do the test. After much flailing about, I took the solenoid and interlock wheel off. I then put a slight taper on the last quarter inch of the pin (perhaps 10 thousandths?) and dressed the edge of the interlock slot which had burrs on it.

Result? Perfect function thereafter.

Ted Noel
N540TF