From: Jay Phillips <jayph@fastairplane.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Certified vs Experimental Flight Hours
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 10:11:09 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I have noticed the same thing (only sometimes showing up when on flight following). I talked to the FlightAware folks at Sun-N-Fun last year, They say they just pull the data from the system and the controllers don’t always put flight following aircraft into the system. They didn’t know why.

Jay

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 8:34 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Re: Certified vs Experimental Flight Hours

I have noticed that perhaps 1 in 3 times that I get flight following, it shows up on flight aware. I don't know why it does or does not. IFR flights always show up, at least a portion of them if not the entire thing.

Matt

On 2011-07-15, at 2:40 PM, vtailjeff@aol.com wrote:

they only track IFR traffic.....

Image