From: Dominic V. Crain <domcrain@tpg.com.au>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] True "composite" question
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 02:41:37 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

But but but ... April 1st was – YESTERDAY!!

Why ARE you guys always behind?

Dom

Sent: Saturday, 2 April 2011 1:35 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] True "composite" question

Hi all.

My LNC2 is near completion and I have started preparing all the paperwork necessary for the flight permit.

During my research I have stumbeled across the NTSB website and made a search on "Lancair 360". For those of you who have not done that (probably most!), this is HORRIFIC reading !!!

There seems to be quite a large number of stall related accidents, which leads me to believe that the airfoil is basically unsafe. Anyway, I am not going to fly this thing as is, although I have had my license for more than 20 years and have accumulated more than 200 hrs.

I have now come across a set of RV-7 wings that survived a hangar collapse last winter. This airfoil seems much more forgiving, anyway, that is what my A&P says, and I am trying to come up with a way to install them on my otherwise finished airframe. I will, of course, have to keep the stub wings and make them fit the slightly larger RV wing but, apart from that, would I be in for at lot work? Has anyone done this before? Any advice taken!

Regards

Tim Jorgensen

Lancair 360, was 95% done, now back to maybe 60%.....