From: Chris Zavatson <chris_zavatson@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: LNC2 Gear Hydraulics
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:34:39 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Keith,

You should never have to resort to wrenches to get the wheels up –and that is not just speaking from a safety perspective.

The following is an extract and renumbered set of slides from a LOBO maintenance seminar on the 320/360 hydraulic system.  Slide 21 shows one possible explanation for your system’s failure to retract.

http://www.n91cz.com/misc/LancairHydraulics-LML.pdf

Temperature changes will cause pressure to go up and down, but should only affect the currently operating side of the system.  The non-operating side should be zero and remain zero unless there is some other failure or configuration issue.   If both operating and non-operating sides are affected by temperature – investigate.

 Note that earlier vintage pumps (~235 era) were internally different.

You may also find some of the following of interest:

http://www.n91cz.com/Hydraulics/Lancair_Hydraulics.htm

Chris Zavatson

N91CZ

360std