From: Rick Titsworth <rtitsworth@mindspring.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: [video] LNC2 into ATL
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:02:10 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Makes me recall once landing at DTW @ 2:00am on a calm summer night (morning) I my C172, to clear customs on a return night trip from Toronto.  Only one runway was open, on the opposite side of the field from CBP, resulting in a taxi of nearly 3 miles.  When I asked for a very high speed taxi clearance, the controller laughed and replied ”ahhh, the field is all clear, speed at your discretion”.
Those taxiways are huge, so I was in ground effect for 80% of the trip, just touching down to make the turns ;-)

Won’t be able to do that anymore when the ES is done.

Rick, Detroit

Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 9:32 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Re: [video] LNC2 into ATL

I had the same friendly handling at Chicago O’Hare a few years ago.  They had a 737 and me headed straight at each other, then turned him right and me left for landing on parallel runways.  The progressive to the GA parking was interesting but they were patient.  That evening when I called for clearance they asked “Ready to go now?” and then cleared me from parking right onto the runway for immediate take-off.

Robert M. Simon

ES-P N301ES