From: <marv@lancair.net>
Subject: Re: Rotisserie
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:15:33 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Posted for "Jim Nordin" <panelmaker@earthlink.net>:

Forgot the picture.

  _____

From: Jim Nordin [mailto:panelmaker@earthlink.net]
 Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 7:29 PM
 To: 'Lancair Mailing List'
 Subject: Rotisserie

 I built a small rotisserie for the 320 series wings. Would work on the 235
 too.

 It is for the painter to be able to rotate both wings, paint both wings all
 at once never having to wait for something to dry. It rotates a full 360º
 very easily. Cost was about $90, the 6” pulleys being $54! Has wheels of
 which 2 are castered. The center of rotation is made easy by having one wing
 with top up the other top down. The wings are held together by the plywood
 “wheels” you see, having the center section spars facing each other and
 going through the center of those plywood wheels.

 Two people can easily put the wings in the cradle. It helps to have 2
 sawhorses of a height that affords the rotisserie to be moved under the
 wings while on the horses.

 I would bet money that a rotisserie for the IV series wings could be done
 similarly.

 They’re off to the painter.

 Jim