From: Bill Wade <super_chipmunk@roadrunner.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Lancair 360 Inner Doors
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 10:38:00 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
  I'm in the process of installing Carbinges on the MG doors on a IV-P. The supplied pin had more play than I liked but I was able to find VAR stainless wire at Small Parts http://www.smallparts.com/stainless-precision-ground-straightened-vacuum-arc/dp/B003R50276/ref=sr_1_2?sr=1-2&qid=1299411175 . It's highly polished which helps insertion and should help to reduce wear. Another option would be straightened music wire, which they also sell.

 I tried a selection of diameters and found that the 0.083 is a good fit. It might be possible to use larger sizes if the hinges loosen. The wire is bendable and a keeper loop can be formed into it with some effort. If the hinges should wear out before I do I think it might be possible to remove the nylon inserts and thread new tubing into the hinge, then use a razor or X-acto to cut excess out of the gaps. The alternative- removing the the Carbinges- would not be something I'd enjoy doing.  -Bill Wade