From: <marv@lancair.net>
Subject: Dynon AOA
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:25:22 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Posted for "Daniel Barnes" <dan@southlakesecurity.com>:

 Hi Group,

 I am installing Dynon's Skyview efis in our ES.  Dynon has their own pitot
 probe that includes AOA by having a second hole on the bottom of the tapered
 area.  It fits nicely in the mount that was in the wing as part of the quick
 build.  However it sticks forward two inches more than the standard which
 makes it about even with the leading edge of the wing.  The Dynon
 instructions recommend 2 to 12 inches behind the leading edge and six inches
 below the wing.  If I mount it in the existing mount it sits even with the
 leading edge and two inches below the wing.  Should I try it where it is at
 or is there no chance it will work?

 Also they say it should be mounted horizontally.  With the airplane level
 according to the fore and aft dimples the pitot tube is angled up about 6%.
 Is that ok?

 I have included a link to Dynon's installation manual.

 <http://dynonavionics.com/downloads/Install_Guides/100740_-_Heated_AOA_Pitot
 _Probe_Installation_Guide_-_Rev_B.pdf>
 http://dynonavionics.com/downloads/Install_Guides/100740_-_Heated_AOA_Pitot_
 Probe_Installation_Guide_-_Rev_B.pdf

 If I install it according to Dynon's instructions it means fabricating a new
 bracket, moving it aft on the wing, and patching the existing hole.  So if
 it will work where it is at it will save a lot of effort.

 Thanks for your help.

 Dan Barnes