From: John Barrett <jbarrett@carbinge.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Lancair data plates
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 18:04:09 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
[LML] Re: Lancair data plates

The way I see it, it depends on the DAR.  The regs say it has to be fireproof and permanently attached.   The DAR who did my inspection was adamant and would not accept aluminum.  However we did get away with affixing it with adhesive.  Go figure.

I expect most DAR’s wouldn’t hassle you about this.

John Barrett

Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 12:47 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Re: Lancair data plates

I'm curious why data plates for Experimentals don't have to be fireproof like Certified aircraft.   I thought these were typically made from SS to survive a fire and remain legible for identification.  Just asking.

Paul

--
For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html