From: Craig Gainza <cgainza@msn.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Intermittent hydraulic pump 4P
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 07:32:27 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I recently noticed frequent cycling of the hydraulic pump when activating flaps only

My gear extends and retracts with normal pump operation.  It runs continually and smoothly until the proper pressure is reached.

I replaced the pressure switch (showed leakage) and the intermittent pump operation continues.

My next step is to replace the accumulator or rebuild the control quadrant.

I assume since the cycling of the pump occurs when only using the flaps, that a rebuild of the control quadrant would be the next step.

Any thoughts from those more knowledgeable in hydraulics than I?

Thanks,

Craig Gainza
680 hrs 4P