From: <bronnenmeier@GROBSYSTEMS.COM>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: b&c regulator update
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 19:29:03 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Dear subscribers,

Thanks for all the comments on my b&c regulator warning light issue (the warning light was always on and started to flash once the voltage dropped).

After checking the wiring the 5th time, sending the regulator to b&c for bench testing (checked out ok), experimenting with different light bulbs (including an original one), adding resistors between pin 3 + 5, trying a different battery, switching the wire back to the alternator from F1 to F2 the problem did not go away.

I ordered a new regulator from b&c (including light bulb) and replaced regulator and warning light – everything works ok now – obviously the bench test of my original regulator did not simulate the situation in my airplane correctly.

Anyway as a result of my trouble shooting process I have 2 new 12 V odyssey batteries left over now (box is still closed). If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thanks

Ralf