From: Anthony Puca <Anthony.Puca@microsoft.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: iPad in the cockpit
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:27:52 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I can give you some for instances. I have done the same thing with my iPhone. After jailbreaking it and using a custom 3.x ROM, I was able to use the iPhone on T-Mobile, enable the Tethering feature for my laptop without paying the $10 per month AT&T charges, use Cydia to load a suite of apps that let me do things such as “multitask” when it was said it can’t be done until you get to the 4.0 ROM. Ironically, me doing this let me show so many colleagues that it wasn’t the iPhone that had the receptions issues, but rather AT&T since I almost always have had no signal issues with it on T-Mobile. Just trying to answer your questions, but more of a topic for an IT thread than this builder’s.

PS… Garmin’s G1000 runs on top of Windows NT 4.0, how crazy is that!

Anthony

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:42 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Re: iPad in the cockpit

Wolfgang,

Can you be more specific about what you are saying "Apple cripples"?

Don

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Wolfgang <Wolfgang@micom.net> wrote:

Yes, there is GPS with a real satelite signal.

AGPS is just waht it says, Assisted GPS, not a replacement for GPS.

Apple cripples it to make you buy more.

Other phones like the HTC Aria do GPS just fine without the extra payment.

Wolfgang