From: Russell <N2AA@att.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Weldon fuel pump answers
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:07:36 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Okay guys here are the answers to your questions regarding at Weldon pump.

  1. My aircraft is a 12 V system. I've ordered 14 V pump. 28 V pumps are available.
  2. The Weldon pump has two options for ports. Exiting from the sides like the Dukes or exiting from the bottom. I elected to use the pump with the exiting from the bottom because of width constraints. The Weldon pump is about a half-inch shorter.
  3. The pump is a single speed pump. To get the low and high speed electronic controller is added that is manufactured by CJ aviation.
  4. The ports size is eight –6, compared to the Dukes is it –8. You will need fittings to transition size. ZRP @ www.xrp.com has the fittings for the job.
  5. CJ aviation was very helpful and is supplying the pump and the controller. http://www.cjaviation.com/ Charlie's the guy you want to speak with.
  6. The Dukes rated pressures are. (23 PSI no flow, 16 psi at 42gph) Hi-side, (4-6psi at 19gph) low-side. The Weldon pump going to be set up to the specs.
  7. The Weldon pump is a continuous duty pump and self priming. Per CJ aviation.
  8. The cost for the pump and controller is about $1100.

Now for the legal stuff. I have not tested this configuration. I do not recommend replacing the Dukes with the Weldon as this has not been approved by Lancair. Whenever modifications you make to your aircraft is at your own risk.

Russell Steiner

N2AA, legacy