From: <rwolf99@aol.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Pitot Tubes and AoA
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:52:57 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Lorn writes:

<<I bet that those dual AOAs sure helped ditch in the Pacific a few years ago.>>

I think he's referring to a PC-12 that ditched in the Sea of Japan about 10 years ago.  My office mate at Aviation Technology Group (the company attorney) was one of the attorneys for Pilatus on that one.  He told me that the chip detector light illuminated so the pilot performed a precautionary engine shutdown.  Too bad he was 100 miles offshore in a single engine airplane at the time.

I agree with Lorn -- a second pitot tube probably wasn't much help...

- Rob Wolf