From: Ian Crowe <ian.crowe@sympatico.ca>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Jacking a Legacy
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:39:30 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I have a Lancair 360 and I have used  wood blocks with foam.  I took an ordinary auto motive jackstand and fabricated a base for the stand to sit on from 1/8" steel plate.  I lengthened the legs of the stand to the height I needed to ensure the plane was well off its wheels, when in the fully raised position.  Under the moving part of the jack stand I put a small hydraulic jack which was bolted to the base plate.  As the jack rises the built in ratchet on the stand ensures safety and it can be left in the raised position even withte jack released.  A roller ball sits on top of the jack stand and this locates into a recess in the wooden block and allows the wood and its foam pad enough movement to align with the wing.  The pad is about 8" square.  I find it easy to align with the spar by looking into the wheel well.  You could always paint a line under the wing to show you the location.  I have no spigot to fit into the wing and I have never had a problem with the plane even looking like slipping off the jacks.

Ian B.  Crowe
LNC 2 C-FKRO

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5367 (20100814) __________

http://www.eset.com