From: Bryan Wullner <vonjet@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Welcome to Spokane
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 21:42:34 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
The Call Should begin with something closer to "there is a problem with our line service training program. It didn't allow for our workers to be properly trained and checked out to use our equipment thus allowing us to damage your property while attempting to tow it."
Start by asking if they have an SMS (safety management system) in place. If so, ask to see the work instructions for that equipment and training records for who is trained and checked out to use that equipment.
If they have that stuff in place and guys were using it without proper training you have a good starting point and they were breaking their own policies.
If they do not have an SMS or a training program for the line service usage of the tugs then again you have a good start for claim against them as they have no business moving your aircraft with untrained personnel. Good FBO's will have a training program and document all of it. They will have a check out sheet that shows which employees have been properly trained on what equipment and if they are signed off to use it. And in some cases they are only signed off on certain aircraft.
This is all assuming they don't want to step up and pay for the damage.
And for everyone else if you want to avoid stuff like this from happening to you have the FBO write on your file or leave a note at the front desk if your transient that says your aircraft is NOT to be moved without approval from you or you present.

Bryan

Subject: Re: lml Digest #3103
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:59:14 -0600
From: David Standish <carbonflier@gmail.com>

The line crew was moving the airplane to another tie down after I had departed the FBO.  Apparently they attempted to pull the ship onto the nose gear platform of the tug with the propeller lower blade in a near vertical position. As they  winched the plane on to the machine the propeller contacted some structure on the machine.  They kept pulling until they realized (too late) that something was wrong.

The attached picture is the type of tug involved but not the specific model.

One does not really want to get a call from an FBO beginning with "there is a problem with your airplane."

David

Lancair Mailing List wrote:
        Lancair Mailing List Digest #3103

 1) Re: eaawifi
    by "Ken" <kkellner1@new.rr.com>
 2) Re: Welcome to Spokane
    by cfi@instructor.net

This digest is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list <lml@lancaironline.net>.
For archives and help click http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/Lists/lml/List.html
LML website: http://www.lancaironline.net/maillist.html

Re: eaawifi
From:
"Ken" <kkellner1@new.rr.com>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 07:45:49 -0400
To:
lml@lancaironline.net
To:
lml@lancaironline.net

Colyn,

I have not tried the north 40, but have had no problems around the forums area.

Ken Kellner

----- Original Message ----- From: "Colyn Case" <colyncase@earthlink.net>