From: Wolfgang <Wolfgang@MiCom.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Need help
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:08:42 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I would be suspecting the regulator.

Wolfgang

From: Art Jensen <flycassutts@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:00:22 -0400
To: lml@lancaironline.net
My volt 1 circuit breaker off the field of the altenator keeps tripping when I cycle the gear.  This happens 100% of the time when going up and 20% going down.

What I have done:

The altenator was sent to Quality Aircraft in Tulsa and bench checked putting out 75 amps under load.  The tech. stated that the altenator is as good as you could hope for one to be.

51/2 amps was run through the circuit breaker and it did not trip.

Replaced the battery

checked for loose connections and worn wires.

This is in a io-550 Legacy with a 14 Volt system.  It has been runing trouble free since March 2004 until one month ago.  Has anyone experienced this problem or have any ideas on what else I should check.  My A & P is out of ideas as am I.

The plane has a B & C voltage regulator which is said to be very dependable and in most Lancairs.  At this time it is not suspected to be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Art