From: Bryan Wullner <vonjet@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: My airplane is running HOT
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:40:38 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Exit area is standard 360 cowling exit. Can see why it would behave any different than any other lancair out there. Its actually a pretty good size opening.

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 8:21 PM, <marv@lancair.net> wrote:
Posted for Bryan Wullner <vonjet@gmail.com>:

 Anybody have any ideas or advice for the following situation:

 Lancair 360 with carbed 360 (180hp) engine. 475 hours on it about. Chrome
 Cylinders. I have a Plenum cooling system and larger cowling inlets.
 (Zavatson's cowling and plenum system)
 Oil cooler is mounted at the front inlet.
 Oil wont cool in climb and will go up to 230 and probably higher if not
 stabilized. CHT's are all hot in climbs and will go to 440 no problem. Cant
 figure it out.
 Motor runs great, compression good, boroscoped fine, mag timing good. All
 leaks in plenum or baffling are sealed.
 Probes were checked out ok.

 Only thing I haven't checked is the vernotherm.

 Thanks for any advice.
 Bryan

[How big are your cooling air outlets and where are they located?  Sounds like you're getting the cooling air in but not letting it out.  Just a thought.  <Marv>  ]

--

For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html