From: Gary Edwards <gary21sn@hotmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re:smalltail CG range?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 21:01:12 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Bob,
Typically, the battery is used to get to the proper CG range when the plane is finished in construction.  Don has the good suggestion of getting a general idea of CG and battery location utilizing an early weigh-in.  There can be significant difference in battery location per plane depending on the builder.  As an example, my early airframe has the battery behind the passenger seat.  A friend's early airframe has his battery just behind the baggage bulkhead.  Another friend with the same airframe has his battery farther behind the baggage bulkhead.

Gary Edwards
LNC2

    With serial number 325, the factory should be able to define your airframe type.  It seems to make a difference between a 235/320 engine and a 320/ with a 320 engine. My 235/320 had a forward CG problem with me and a minimum fuel aboard. It was similar to your equipment list, plus an oleo nose gear for additional forward CG moment.  Other contributors had rear CG problems with the 320/320 configuration.  Suggest you do a rough weighing based on what you have, with the basics installed, it should point toward best location for your battery.. My best location was aft of the baggage compartment with a RC Battery.

...Best guess as to best battery location?

Bob Mitchell