From: Chris Zavatson <chris_zavatson@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] 320/360 tail mod
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:40:43 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Danny,
The large tail opens up the CG range over the original.  You gain about 1.5" of rearward CG for the same stability.  Lancair did some testing on opening up the forward end of the CG as well, but I don't recall the results.  The bottom line is that you can throw more weight in the baggage area or compensate for an empty CG that came out a little more rearward than desired.  Many folks are happy with their small tails.  Those with difficulty probably have a more rearward CG.  If racing I would favor the small tail, for big trips with the back packed full of camping gear, I prefer the large tail.
Chris

Chris Zavatson
N91CZ
360std