From: Michael J. Eakman <mjeakman@amquote.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 15:26:40 -0500
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When are we going to see a Suburban with wings?  I'm sure that there are
many of us who would like the ability to fly our whole family when we
travel.  I am building a Super ES[, which will be more than adequate for
most missions, however, I have a wife, and children 8, 3, 1 and we are
looking to have another early next year.  As you can see, our only option is
strapping a couple of kids to the wings.  Maybe we can fill them with 100LL
and use them as external tanks to increase the range of the Super ES.

I would very much like to see a true six-place kit from Lancair.  I am
following the Avia Bellanca Skyrocket (they don't seem to be making any
progress towards actual kit production) as well as Aero Comp (appears to be
quite primitive) and I have received a package on the Phoenix Designs (er
Stoddard Hamilton) Siaira (which I assume will never materialize due to the
closing of SH).  This leaves the Stallion (not interested in the doors or
the stick controls).

Why not take a look at a well thought out family AC that may give up a
little speed to be able to actually haul six plus some bags and not have to
refuel after run-up. I know slowing down isn't in the Lancair vocabulary but
I feel a 200-knot true six place would be a very desirable aircraft and meet
with approval from the kit buying public.

Do any of the fellow Lancair Mailing List members concur on the need for a
six place?  Does anyone know anything about quality, six place kit
availability regardless of the source?

Additional comments are welcome.

Michael J. Eakman
N444ME