From: Bob Rickard <r.rickard@rcginc-us.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: IV-P AC
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 14:06:28 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

IV-P Experts:

I am contemplating replacing my air conditioning unit in my IV-P from the under fuselage scoop to one that is installed in the tail.  Purely for speed benefits.  My unit works fine but I hear that it may slow me down by 10-20 or more knots.   What are your recommendations?  Is there already a thread on this?  I have the room in the tail, CG shouldn’t be an issue, but I want to know the bad news.  I have the airplane in Phoenix part of the time (yep, it’s really hot, and the current AC is adequate) and I need the system to work at least a little on the ground so I don’t die before takeoff – this is my major concern.  And I would love to hear if some of you have actually made this change and if so what speed benefit you have observed.  Lastly, is there more than one vendor option?

Thanks for your comments

Bob Rickard

IV-P ( I didn’t build it!)