From: George Shattuck <sgs@plantationcable.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Vne and test flights
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 06:19:30 -0500
To: <lml>
The postings about Vne are excellent information for builders and flyers, and for gaining a healthy respect for operations at high speeds in these little airplanes.

During my 40 hours of tests in my 320 in the spring of 1995 I gave Vne a good deal of that respect and incrementally pushed my airplane out to that number.  My thinking was that before I put anyone in the passenger seat I would know what the airplane was safely capable of.  Since then I have not touched Vne and don't expect to.

Attached are the charts I developed from my test flights, including a Vn diagram.  Looking at these charts from a humble homebuilder could be of some interest to those now, or soon to be, involved in that business.  Also, you can go to the archives and read my article in the Lancair Mail newsletter of 1st Quarter, 1996.

George Shattuck
N320GS, 1500 hrs.