From: Bill <n5zq@verizon.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Bahamas bound
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:04:58 -0500
To: <lml>
Jim,

A "permit" as such is no longer required but the "standard validation" is. This also meets the US FAA requirements for operating your experimental in a foreign country that are stated in your operating limitations. This validation is included as an attachment on my previous post and I've attached it to this one too. All you've got to do is print it out and have it in the plane. You are correct in that you no longer have to apply for a specific permit like we used to have to.

Here's an excerpt from the Q&A section of the current Bahamas web site concerning flying experimentals:

What about experimental aircraft?

A Standardized Validation has been approved for experimental aircrafts, for the purpose of operating the United States or Canada—registered amateur-built aircraft in Bahamian airspace.

Bill Harrelson

N5ZQ 320 1,750 hrs

N6ZQ  IV under construction