From: Burr Bryan <bjburr@mwheli.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Kindle vs. Sony E Reader
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:17:46 -0500
To: <lml>
A few months ago there was a discussion about having approach plates and other documents displayed on an E reader.  There were some who loved the Sony products although the approach plates did not fully display on the unit.  The pilot has to scroll up or down to get all of the information.  The Sony product was less expensive.  Then came the Kindle DX.  Boasting of a larger 9.5" screen.  The approach plate scrolling problem was gone but the size of the Kindle DX may be a little cumbersome in the cockpit.  I read now where there is a site with free distribution of IFR Charts, Approach Plates, SIDS, STARS, etc.  (www.pdfplates.com) that can be displayed on either systems.

So now after the past few months I was wondering what users are really saying and feeling about these systems?  Thanks for your input.

Bryan Burr
N132BB