From: Steve Colwell <mcmess1919@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Fuel Pressure question
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:17:46 -0500
To: <lml>

I spoke with Ralph about this problem and now I have it.  (Must be a coincidence or is it? Just kidding Ralph.)  On my last flight, a two hour leg at 15,500’, descending at 300 to 400 feet per min., leveling to a pattern alt. of 1500’ AGL, with a field elevation of 1234’ it happened.  On short final the MVP-50 annunciated and flashed a fuel pressure warning of 35 to 40 psi.  This has never occurred in 170+ hours.  The only thing I can recall as out of the ordinary is pulling the Man. Press. back to less than 10 inches earlier than usual.  I was full rich in the pattern, no roughness.   Has anyone other than Dan and Ralph had this problem?  I also had to use the Circuit Breaker and Dump Valve to lower the gear and that thru me off of a normal procedure.

Steve Colwell