From: Keith Smith <keith.smith@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: N127EM First Flight
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:21:12 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Congratulations, what a feeling it must be!

I have a Lancair 360 with an O-360. I see 400-420 CHTs pretty routinely shortly after takeoff.  If terrain allows, I'll climb at 125-130KIAS, that usually keeps them at 390-410.  Once in cruise, it'll normally sit at 380.  The oil temp, however, hasn't climbed over 200, at least not that I know of.

Please keep us up to date on the flight testing!

Don't be alarmed, the climb is pretty shallow until you hit 125-130, then you can pitch to maintain that speed and see 1400+ fpm all day long.

Keith