From: Alan K. Adamson <aadamson@highrf.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Chelton SmartMedia Card and setting system limits
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:00:41 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

all pushing both right and left buttons do is *reboot* the display, the trigger for going to ground maint mode, is simply the SD card being installed in the slot and it being a valid (good) card.

Alan

Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:17 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net

Hi John,

I think you mean push the two dials at the same time while its starting up…this reboots the computer and, I believe, tries to restart from the card or send it to program mode….just from memory.

John C. Bohn

N28487- 4P

Direct(cell) 503-887-2933

Home- 573-760-1090

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:39:45 -0400
From: dballin@gmail.com

The Smart Media cards and Cheltons are notorious for having issues.  Try cleaning the contacts and make sure that the card is in fully, reformat it on a PC and sprinkle holy water on it.  In general it is good to have a few around.  There is a limit on the size so 16 meg is good (forgot what the limit is).  You can still find smart media cards online- ebay and olympus still sells them, but another option is to get an adapter that uses xD cards which are more readily available.  Look through the Chelton list http://www.cheltonefispilots.com.  There is a lot of information about the smart media issue.

Dan Ballin LEG2 #286