From: Christian Meier <lancair@meier.cc>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Oil cooler size 360 angle valve
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:31:50 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Hello,
I've installed an Lycoming IO-390 which is very similar to the IO360 angle valve.
My only problem is the high oiltemp.
In cruise I have 195° to 210°   In climb after takeoff and landing I get 210° to 225°
Cyl head temp is between 350° to 380° never got higher than 400°
I use an Aero Classic cooler with 9 plates (8.14"x5.33"x3.62") in front of cyl 3
I've installed also a spoiler to force the air thru the cooler. Without this spoiler I've got 10° higher.
I used all the tips I could get from Chris Zavatson, which lowerd my temp already.
The next step will be a bigger cooler!

So I'm interested what size of cooler are you using.
Do positech coolers have a better performance as aero classic cooler?
Will constant higher oiltemp (210°) harm the engine.

regards,
Christian