From: <marv@lancair.net>
Subject: Re: LOP
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:31:25 -0400
To: <lml>
Posted for "terrence o'neill" <troneill@charter.net>:

 Yesterday I started to run a LOP survey... went to 7000 ft. where 2400 rpm
could get no more than 24." MP, WOT, and leaned until one EGT (#2) peaked, and
began to reduce, whiole the other EGTs kept increasing.  Showed about 10.3
GPH, but wandered a little down to 10.1 and back up to 10.3.
 Slow leaning immediately resulted in a definitely noticed reduction of power,
and enriching a little restored it. Could not lean any further.
 The other three cylinders were still definitely ROP.
 So, it looks like my Airflow Performance injectors (which have to be in the
primer ports) may not all be the same diameter (.022, .028, 0r .032).
 An initial static flow test of the injectors showed all about the same flow.
 It looks like if I can replace the #2 nozzle with the next larger size, i
could then continue to lean ALL four cylinders and EGTs further than `10.3
gph, @ 24/2400.
 I would like to get a lot closer to 8 gph.
 Any comments of similar experiences or suggestions would be appreciated.
 Thanks.
 Terrence
 L235/320 N211AL
 What a nice handling plane... 42 hrs... the Debongers make the landings look
good.