From: Lorn H Olsen <lorn@dynacomm.us>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: LNC2 Unlatched canopy
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:45:13 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Parallelogram System

I forgot to latch all 4 of my latches. On the climb out it sounded a little noisy. I then noticed that the latches were open. I closed all 4 of them and continued the flight.

Lorn

From: "Bill" <n5zq@verizon.net>
Date: August 21, 2009 6:24:13 PM EDT

Nuthin...assuming that you don't panic or try to close it in flight by yourself. It floats up about 2 inches and in my case, made a kind of woosh-woosh sound. The airplane was perfectly controllable and flew quite normally. Fly a NORMAL pattern, make a NORMAL approach, land, taxi off the runway, latch the canopy and depart again. Not a big deal unless you allow it to be. (I'm assuming here that you're asking about the forward hinged canopy and not the parallelogram system).

Bill Harrelson
N5ZQ 320 1,650 hrs
N6ZQ  IV under construction

What would happen if one takes off without latching the canopy in a Lancair 360.  Any personal experiences out there?