From: William Rumburg <lancair403@verizon.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: VMS 1000 Fuel Pressure Transducer
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:21:35 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Thanks-
forgot to note that the Measurement Specialites transducer is available from Digi-Key for $96.00 http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=MSP6892-ND

Many thanks for that useful information.

Alain Noireaux  LNC2  F-PSDV

William Rumburg a écrit :
I have a Vision Microsystem VMS 1000 engine-fuel management system which has now been in service for ten years on my fuel-injected 320. I'm more than satisfied with it's performance; however, in spite of a 'by the book' installation of the fuel pressure transducer, I've had three fail in the past ten years. JP Instruments (who purchased Vision Microsystems several years ago) now wants an outrageous $400 for a replacement transducer. They keep the manufacterer/model a secret in order to support their price, but some research revealed it to be a Honeywell 'MediaMate' model MM050PG1HA  http://sensing.honeywell.com/index.cfm/ci_id/142358/la_id/1/document/1/re_id/0  It has a 0-50mVDC output over its 0-50 psi range. I contacted Honeywell and learned that their suggested retail price is $268.
I did a more research and found a lower cost and, I believe, superior replacement. It's a Measurement Specialties MSP 340 model M3421-000006-100PG
http://www.meas-spec.com/product/t_product.aspx?id=5115  It has a 0-100mVDC output over its 0-100 psi range. It's a direct replacement, except that the green and white output wires have to be reversed.

Bill Rumburg
N403WR (Sonic bOOm)