From: <zoelt@sio.midco.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] looking for a GM2
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:21:35 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

DaveGo to AIG aircraft insurance website and look at bid aircraft.  There’s a wrecked ’87 320 up for bid.  Whoever buys it will part it out and maybe you could find out who buys it and make em and offer

Just a thought.

Tim, LNC4P, N524JG

Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:45 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] looking for a GM2

Posted for "David Parr" <david.parr@q.com>:

  I have a Lancair 320 (N320DP), though it hasn't flown for a few years.  Long
story short...Divorce...airplane broke, builder more broke...I need to find
GM-2 (main gear casting), from an original kit, perferably around the 1992
timeframe.  I need it for the Left side, although mine is actually marked with
a "-R".  I'm thinking they may have used the same part on the "235", but had
the axel pointing outboard (It points inboard on the 320).  Maybe they just
had them stamped wrong...I'm not sure.  Lancair, wouldn't admit to anything.
 Apparently the machining of that part had been slipping over the years, or it
changed after they stopped manufacturing the 320 kits, and the holes are in
the wrong spots.  I sent my old bent part to Lancair about 7 years ago, and
they supposedly put it on a CAD system, and re-machined another part.
 Unfortunately, now 7 years later, the part still doesn't fit and Lancair only
has a few of th GM-2 parts left and only for the Right side.

 I was hoping to see if anyone has a kit they are parting out, and would be
willing to sell the GM-2 casting.

 Thanks,

 David Parr

--