From: John Schroeder <jschroeder@perigee.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Ram Air Design
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:00:43 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Fred -

The APS/GAMI guys also say that the Cirrus baffling is the best they have seen, and to try for that standard. They had one down in Ada. OK for developing the turbo system for Cirrus. Based on some of the Cirrus baffling, they incorporated the principles into the IV baffling they did for a customer. That became the basis for George Braley's seminar on baffling in Ada a few years back.

FYI, we have the Lancair ram system installed on our IO-550N in an ES. We get .8 to 1.0 inches of MAP with it. We installed the largest K&N filter we could on the other side.

Would it be possible to post all of your pictures on the web site? I missed some of the emails lately and would like to look at it some more.

Best,

John Schroeder
LNCE - 250 hours

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 09:23:01 -0400, Gary Casey <casey.gary@yahoo.com> wrote:

However, the engine baffling set up is a thing of beauty, well thought out; no leaks, precision formed sheet metal, and extremely tight fitting rubber trim.  It is the best factory baffling set up I have ever seen.  If you see a Cirrus with the cowl off, have a very close look.
Fred Moreno