From: Frederick Moreno <frederickmoreno@bigpond.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: FW: Oil Pan Concerns
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:01:22 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I wish I had used a torque wrench

Low time Legacy owners, check your clearance after the first 20/40 hours, you might be amazed how little you have after the mounts have settled.

Steve Colwell

I can add that I have my Lancair IV up on jacks for its first annual inspection.  I found that when doing the retraction test, the two tiny screws holding the nose landing gear down switch were hitting my oil pan.  A year ago there was clearance.  Evidently things are wearing in allowing the locking linkage to swing just a bit further.   In my case, I moved the switch to the underside of the mounting surface on the locking link.  A bit of fiddling and a new switch in the lower location fixed the problem.

Fred Moreno