From: Steve Colwell <mcmess1919@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Oil Pan Concerns
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:52:50 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I wish I had used a torque wrench

If someone needs a Oil Pan Gasket for a Continental IO-550N, I have one I did not use I will sell for half what I have in it.  Why do I have it?  The retracted  nose gear linkage on a Legacy RG is very close to the bottom of the Oil Pan.  I was all set to remove the pan when an A&P suggested denting the pan enough for adequate clearance.  It was easy and a much less complicated fix.  Low time Legacy owners, check your clearance after the first 20/40 hours, you might be amazed how little you have after the mounts have settled.

Steve Colwell