From: Janie & Ed Smith <2luv2fly@cox.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Gear Door Snubbers
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:08:37 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Wednesday Evening
4/1/09

Group,

I have had a number of people request the snubber information, so to save some time for everyone, I thought I would post the necessary ordering information.

The snubbers were ordered from :  www.mcmaster.com

The part #s were:
 1.. 3740K22  Shock Absorber - 2 each
 2.. 6600K34  Mounting Block - 2 each
If you work the formula at the top of the page, you will note that velocity is a big factor in sizing the shock.  Our gear doesn't really have that much velocity, so I sized ours based on the stroke, fact that it had a nylon bumper and then doubled what I calculated.  So much for serious engineering, but the fact is - they do the job!

The snubbers need to be mounted on the front side of the nylon block as shown in the pictures I sent.  If mounted on the rear of the gearbox, it will interfere with the elevator belcrank.

If there are more questions, just let me know.

Ed Smith
Chesapeake, VA
N9JE - Flying & still working on it!