From: Ian Crowe <ian.crowe@sympatico.ca>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Fw: [LML] Radio noise
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 07:32:47 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Crowe
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 7:30 PM
Subject: [LML] Radio noise

I have a lancair 360 with a Garmin 300xl panel mounted GPS/COM.

The problem is with the COM side of the equipment.  On initial start up the radio is 5 by 5.  After approximately 30 minutes what appears to be squelch noise renders the unit unuseable.

I have had it checked and adjusted but the noise persists. I have a PS engineering 6000 series intercom and that is perfect with no noise. I have tried different headsets on opposite sides , no change.  I have another COM which is clear of noise.

Has anyone any experience of a similiar problem and a suggested cure.

Ian Crowe