From: <zoelt@sio.midco.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Deice for the IV
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:51:14 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Michael,

I have a lifetime of experience with the Thermawing and RDD enterprises in the last year.

In short They charged me several thousand dollars over the agreed price because my IVP was a nonstandard

Configuration(battery on the right firewall, standby alternator, etc)

They created several thousand dollars worth of squaks my local shop had to fix when I got the plane back and refuse to accept responsibility claiming they didn’t pull avionics connections loose when they pulled wires through my firewall and didn’tleave wires disconnected to pitot heat and aileron servos, etc, etc.

They refuse to negotiate these expenses saying I should have returned the aircraft them or the costs for local repair were too high (lower shop rate than they charge).

Kelly Aerospace customer support refuses to help simply forewarding my complaints to RDD.

My recourse is to Sue them from a thousand miles away or simply tell my story when people ask.

I Have many friends who have RVs who say they’re selling the Thermawing for the RV 10.  I’ll tell my story there as well.

I thought there was an east-coast installer as well but people at the HPAT training seminar say no.

OH, by the way the system still doesn’t work and advertised.

Tim,

LNCIVP, 524JG

Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 7:01 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Deice for the IV

Does anyone have experience adding on deice for the IV, either the expulsive or thermal system?

Could you please contact me?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Smith

Image