From: Marvin Kaye <marvkaye@olsusa.com>
Subject: Re: Long-range "pee" ops
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:47:40 -0400
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted for Martin Quartim <martinq@cris.com>:

Belive it or not is normal for a glider to soar for more then 4 hours. We
use a release system with a catheter that you can buy at a local medical
supply store.
A plastic tube runs from the cockpit to the outside of the glider. There is
one problem, if it is too cold it will freeze and block the tube. In this
case we use an internal bag that can also be purchased with all the tubbing
and fittings from a local medical supply store.
Some of the guys take a bottle of Gatorade and when they finish it, they
pee in it. I don't know how they do it, the glider cockpit is a lot more
inclined and tight then any other aircraft.

I highly recommend drinking before and during a flight and I think it is
dangerous not to do so. When you are the pilot in command your brain better
be running at optimum performance and it needs fluid to do so.

Happy Landings,

Martin